Tuesday, August 25, 2015

2nd Drawing using SketchBook Express Drawing App~Enjoying it!

    Rid of most of my assignments, I'm feeling much freer now~So I took my sweet time to write this. Life has been stressful for I don't know how long. Apparently. dealing with human is more tiring than dealing with animals. They give you so much headache and heartache that sometimes you just wish they would just shut up and disappear from your life. The feeling of being used and betrayed is just too much for me. I'm growing tired of living with those ignorant and selfish bastard...sigh
    OK! Enough of me ranting~~ Back to the topic!

    4 months after the first drawing, I gave the app another go!! This time with a touch/feel of summer to fit with the season (I don't even have to get into the mood since Malaysia is summer all year long) Without further ado, I'll just lay out all the steps on how I drew it. Drawing with fingers again..ugh (have to stop my fingers from trembling while drawing long lines) These are all screenshots since I drew it on my phone XD I snapped the process 1 by 1 just so I won't lose track of what I'm drawing because it was not as easy as my first drawing.
Sketch a rough guideline to begin with

Add the 2nd layer and start with the face shape, eyes and part of the hair

Reduce the opacity of the guidelines (add and adjust the guidelines as you go)
to get a better grasp on where to draw
Draw the rest of her body and dress 

Finishing the arc of her hair and correct her fingers
Added a flower on the guideline layer

Added a ponytail and a flower. Completion of line art.
Doing last checks to see if there're any mistakes.

Removal of the guideline layer to reveal a clean line art.
(CAUTION: once you delete the layer, you can't undo it)
So now I'm back to 1 layer.

This is where things started to get difficult.
Add 2nd layer
Colour her hair by blending different shades of red.

Add 3rd layer
Colour her skin, also in different shades to create tone
Merge it to 2nd layer(hair) after done.

(CAUTION: You also can't undo it after merging)

Add 3rd layer again
Colour her dress with different shades of purple with a mix of pink
Merge it again to the 2nd layer

Add 3rd layer *again*
Colour her eyes with different shades of blue.
Added some black & dark blue short lines on her eyes
Merge again

Add 3rd layer *again~*
Finishing the rest of the flower with bluish purple and a hint of brighter purple
Merge again

Add 3rd layer
Give some colour to the background.
Light blue as base, reduce opacity of other colours and slash it around
Merge again but make sure you're satisfied with the background

I was unsatisfied with the dull skin tone so I added another layer
Add more tone to her skin, darker tone at where it should be (near hair and under her dress)
Add a little blush

(P/S: for this to be visible, drag this layer to the 2nd position before merging)

I added another layer to insert my signature and date
And IT'S DONE!!!

Then I crop out the parts I don't need.
Tada!!

I used my phone to my advantage, editing it with phone's effect
The colour looks warmer, perfect for summer!!

Another edit version, this time to make her glow.
Just as if she's walking under the sun by the beach~ きらきらと眩しいです!

    Tons of steps for quite a simple drawing. It's because of having only 3 layers that it took so much effort to complete it. And drawing with fingers just increased the difficulty~ I know it's not an impressive drawing or anything but I'm satisfied with the result ~

No comments:

Post a Comment